In my practice, I see many women in their post-childbearing years— seeking to undo the toll that pregnancy, breastfeeding, and aging has taken on their bodies. Many women put forth a valiant effort working to lose post-baby weight and strengthen their core, but become disappointed when their bodies haven’t “bounced back” to their pre-motherhood shape.
Patients often ask me about a Mommy Makeover— a combination of plastic surgery procedures that address many concerns following childbearing (often a tummy tuck, breast lift, with or without implants, and liposuction). I’m happy to discuss their concerns and tailor a combination of procedures that meets their needs.
I find that many women seeking a “mommy makeover” tend to focus solely on the parts of their bodies that are most impacted by pregnancy. However, many women forget about changes that have occurred to their face, as a result of childbearing, the effects of aging, or a combination of both.
In most cases, women in their late 30’s or early 40’s, do not require major facial surgery such as a facelift or eyelid lift. What they often can benefit from, however, are non-surgical procedures such as BOTOX®, dermal fillers, light or laser therapies, and a proper skincare regimen.
This is what combining a “Mommy Makeover” and “Non-surgical Facial Rejuvenation” can look like:
- A tummy tuckcan remove the sagging and/or extra wrinkled skin on your abdomen that never regained its elasticity after childbirth. It is also the only way to repair separated abdominal muscles caused by pregnancy that have created a lower abdominal pouch or what some refer to as a “mommy pillow.”
- A breast liftcan reposition sagging breasts and also replace lost volume if silicone or saline breast implantsare used. This procedure can also reduce the areola size.
- Liposuctioncan remove stubborn fat deposits that don’t respond to diet and exercise.
- BOTOXcan freshen your expression by temporarily minimizing or erasing “frown lines” and wrinkles.
- Dermal fillers such as Juvederm/Volumaand Volbellacan fill in facial lines that have deepened over the years, plump up thinned-out lips, or replace lost volume in areas of the face that have become hollow.
- Laserand light therapies can help undo the negative effects of photo-aging (sun damage), including dark spots, wrinkles, scars, dull skin and other superficial imperfections in your complexion.
Categorized in: Mommy Makeover